*Please note – CASPN does not accept transfer credits*
Applicants to Capital Area School of Practical Nursing must:
- Submit an APPLICATION and pay the $75 application fee
- Be 17 years of age or older.
- Provide a copy of your official high school or GED transcript.
- High school transcripts must be from a state-recognized and accredited institution.
- Home schooled students are required to complete one of the approved high school equivalency exams (GED®, HiSET®, or TASC™)
- Complete a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) course and be listed on the IDPH Healthcare Worker Registry
- Provide proof of a physical examination within one year prior to the starting date.
- Please note, you must also provide proof of all immunizations and COVID-19 vaccinations – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Have a 2 step TB test given within 90 days of the program start date
- Pass a current ten panel drug screening.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Hold a current American Heart Association BLS CPR Certification for Healthcare Providers
- Successfully completed the ATI TEAS Pre-Examination Exam
- ATI TEAS does not need to be completed before you apply to the program, but must be passed before you can be admitted.
- Passing scores on the TEAS admission test are accepted for 5 years from the date of the student’s application to CASPN.
The Capital Area School of Practical Nursing is open to all students that meet the requirements without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, ethnic background, handicap or sexual orientation.