The current requirements for a candidate for the Capital Area School of Practical Nursing are:
- 17 years of age or older.
- Provide a copy of your official high school or GED transcript. High school transcripts must be from a state-recognized and accredited institution. Home schooled students are required to complete one of the approved high school equivalency exams (GED®, HiSET®, or TASC™)
- A current CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
- Have completed a physical examination within one year prior to the starting date on an official school form that must be completed by the physician. Please note, you must also provide proof of all immunizations listed on this form.
- A TB test given within 90 days of the program start date
- Pass a current ten panel drug screening.
- CPR Certification for Healthcare Provider — must be through the American Heart Association
- Successfully completed the ATI TEAS Pre-Examination Exam
- Pass a background check
The Capital Area School of Practical Nursing is open to all students that meet the requirements without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, ethnic background, handicap or sexual orientation.