The Capital Area School of Practical Nursing’s (CASPN) Financial Aid Office strives to provide individualized assistance to those that are seeking financial assistance for their tuition and fees.
Students will NOT be contacted by the Financial Aid Office until the student has been issued an OFFICIAL ACCEPTANCE LETTER by the Admissions Office.
The first step to receiving financial aid at CASPN is to submit a
(Free Application For Federal Student Aid).
CASPN School Code: 016426
FIRST STEPS FOR FINANCIAL AID AT CASPN
Class Begin Date: August 24, 2021
Expected Graduation Date: June 24, 2022
- Create an FSA (Federal Student Aid) ID and Password at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
- Submit the 2021-2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – available October 01, 2020, at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. This application covers Federal & State Grants & Federal Student Loans). You will need:
- CASPN SCHOOL CODE 016426
- 2019 Federal Income Tax information
- Use the IRS LINK in the FAFSA to transfer your income tax information directly from the IRS to your FAFSA.
- If you feel you may need Federal Student Loans, the FAFSA is the application for the loans. However, in order to actually use the loans, you must also go to https://studentaid.gov/h/complete-aid-process and complete the following:
- UNDERGRADUATE Entrance Counseling (School name will populate as CAPITAL AREA CAREER CENTER.)
- UNDERGRADUATE Master Promissory Note (MPN)/Loan Agreement for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (School name will populate as CAPITAL AREA CAREER CENTER.)
- Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement
- Search for additional scholarships and grants from other sources such as federal, state, and local government agencies or community or private charitable organizations. Remember, you should NEVER have to pay a fee to apply for ANY grant or scholarship!
- Many of our students qualify for grant assistance from the WIOA (Workforce Innovative Opportunities Act) program. This program is available in all counties. You can find your nearest office by going to Illinois Worknet (WIOA) Location Search