(217)585-1215 ext. 202 email@example.com
Once a student has been accepted to CASPN, he or she should complete the Financial Aid Questionnaire located on the right side of this page.
The first step to receiving financial aid at CASPN is to submit a
Free Application For Federal Student Aid.
CASPN School Code: 016426
FIRST STEPS FOR FINANCIAL AID AT CASPN
Class Begin Date: August 25, 2020
Expected Graduation Date: June 25, 2021
- Create an FSA (Federal Student Aid) ID and Password at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
- FILE the 2020-2021 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – available October 01, 2019 at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. This application covers Federal & State Grants & Federal Student Loans). You will need:
- CASPN SCHOOL CODE 016426
- 2018 Federal Income Tax information
- Use the IRS LINK in the FAFSA to transfer your income tax information directly from the IRS to your FAFSA.
- If you feel you may need Federal Student Loans, the FAFSA is the application for the loans. However, in order to actually use the loans, you must also go to https://studentaid.gov/h/complete-aid-process and complete the following:
- UNDERGRADUATE Entrance Counseling (School name will populate as CAPITAL AREA CAREER CENTER.)
- UNDERGRADUATE Master Promissory Note (MPN)/Loan Agreement for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (School name will populate as CAPITAL AREA CAREER CENTER.)
- Search for additional scholarships and grants from other sources such as federal, state and local government agencies or community or private charitable organizations. Remember, you should NEVER have to pay a fee to apply for ANY grant or scholarship!
- Many of our students qualify for grant assistance from the WIOA (Workforce Innovative Opportunities Act) program. This program is available in all counties. You can find your nearest office by going to Illinois Worknet (WIOA) Location Search
Types of Financial Aid Accepted at CASPN:
- Federal Pell Grant
- State of Illinois MAP Grant
- State of Illinois Grant Program for Dependents of Police or Fire Officers
- State of Illinois Grant Program for Dependents of Correctional Officers
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)-Serivce Locations
- County and local government grants
- Charitable or private grant programs
- Illinois 529 College Savings Plan
- GI Bill®
- Federal Direct Student Loans – All students interested in taking out a Federal Direct Student Loan for school will Also need to complete the following:
- Private Student Loans
Websites with Financial Assistance Information
- Tuition & Fees
- Veteran Information
- Consumer Information
- Financial Aid Forms
- CARES Act – Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Data