The current requirements for a candidate for the Capital Area School of Practical Nursing must be or have:
- 17 years of age
- High school graduate or possess a GED Certificate
- Must be a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
- Complete physical examination within the prior year of starting date.
- An official school form must be completed by the physician performing the physical.
- Applicant must provide three character or work references.
- CPR Certification for Healthcare Provider
- ATI TEAS Test
- Background checks
- Drug Screening
The Capital Area School of Practical Nursing is open to all students that meet the requirements with regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, ethnic background, handicap or sexual orientation.