The current requirements for a candidate for the Capital Area School of Practical Nursing are:
- 17 years of age or older.
- A high school graduate or possess a GED Certificate
- A current CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
- Have completed a physical examination within one year prior to the starting date on an official school form that must be completed by the physician.
- Pass a current drug screening.
- Provide three character references.
- CPR Certification for Healthcare Provider
- Successfully completed the ATI TEAS Pre-Examination Exam
- Pass a background check
The Capital Area School of Practical Nursing is open to all students that meet the requirements without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, ethnic background, handicap or sexual orientation.