FIRST STEPS FOR FINANCIAL AID - Class 127
Class Begin Date: August 25, 2020
Expected Graduation Date: June 25, 2021
- Create an FSA (Federal Student Aid) ID and Password at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid.
- FILE the 2020-2021 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – available October 01, 2019 at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. This application covers Federal & State Grants & Federal Student Loans). You will need:
- CASPN SCHOOL CODE 016426
- 2018 Federal Income Tax information
- Use the IRS LINK in the FAFSA to transfer your income tax information directly from the IRS to your FAFSA.
- If you feel you may need Federal Student Loans, the FAFSA is the application for the loans. However, in order to actually use the loans, you must also go to https://studentaid.gov/h/complete-aid-process and complete the following:
- UNDERGRADUATE Entrance Counseling (School name will populate as CAPITAL AREA CAREER CENTER.)
- UNDERGRADUATE Master Promissory Note (MPN)/Loan Agreement for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (School name will populate as CAPITAL AREA CAREER CENTER.)
- Search for additional scholarships and grants from other sources such as federal, state and local government agencies or community or private charitable organizations. Remember, you should NEVER have to pay a fee to apply for ANY grant or scholarship!
- Many of our students qualify for grant assistance from the WIOA (Workforce Innovative Opportunities Act) program. This program is available in all counties. You can find your nearest office by going to Illinois Worknet (WIOA) Location Search
Types of Financial Aid Accepted at CASPN:
Websites with Financial Assistance Information